Upper Body: Students have the right to wear any headwear or shirt provided it meets the following conditions.
- Headwear may not be worn except with special permission from the principal.
- The midriff is not bare, front or back.
- While standing straight, shirts, tops, or blouses must come to the top of the pants or other lower body attire
- See-through tops or open-sided shirts shall be worn with a shirt underneath.
- Shirts, tops and dresses must have straps of one-inch minimum.
Lower Body: Attire for the lower body must meet the following standards:
- Lower body attire must fall mid thigh – halfway between the top of leg and the knee.
- Footwear with soles must be worn while on campus.
- No leggings or yoga pants unless the upper body attire comes to the mid thigh.
In addition to Putnam County rules for student attire, middle school students shall:
- Wear clothing that does not show undergarments.
- Refrain from wearing lounge/sleepwear.
- Wear something under clothing with holes unless the holes are below the knees.
- Wear clothing that does not inappropriately reveal parts of the body.
- Refrain from wearing clothing that depicts or alludes to tobacco, alcohol, drugs, or is sexually suggestive.